Introduction

 

The College accommodates thousands of first generation learners from the economically backward section of the rural/ semi-rural population. The College tries to attract students from the minority community as far as possible. The College endeavors to inculcate communal harmony among the learners.The College achieved the status of an undergraduate College in 1959. The main campus comprises the Main Building, Science Building, B.Ed Building, Boys’ Common Room, Girls’ Common Room, Canteen, Administrative Building and a Post Office. The second campus holds the Girls’ Hostel, Principal’s Quarter and Teaching Staff quarters. On the third campus stands the Boys’ Hostel. The Sports Ground of the College forms the fourth campus of the College.  

                                         

At the outset, the College was affiliated to Calcutta University until Burdwan University was established on 16th June 1960. The College was included into 2(f) and 12(b) categories under UGC Act 1956 in the year 1959. The College enjoys Grant-in-Aid financial status under the Government of West Bengal.

                                         

 The College sporadically suffered from an acute staff shortage, both of teaching and non-teaching staff. The College has tried to address the crisis by employing Govt.-Approved Part-timers and Contractual lecturers and also by recruiting temporary teachers as and when required.

Useful Links


Quick Links


Visitor's Corner


  • You are visitor no.

  •